Have you ever seen the TV series 24? I used to watch it sporadically back in the day…but now not so much. I really wasn’t too terribly keen on the show itself, but I thought that the premise was kinda slick. For those of you that are not too familiar with the show, I will give you a quick synopsis of it. The main character, Jack Bower is an agent for a government terrorist unit. Basically this dude goes around saving the country from terrorist plots…IN 24 HOURS. The entire show is based on a 24-hour day of events.
Now you know I talk about how my brain works from time to time…I’m not insane…just a little different…hell for all I know, I could be normal (hahaha). Anywho…I’ve been working quite a few hours this week. I believe by the end of today I will be upwards of 85. That is crazy, I know. Since I’m in the process of helping shut down the operations at my facility, I thought it was only fitting to give you an abbreviated installment of my version of 24. Now I must warn you…remember my brain gets extremely dysfunctional at times and this is really raw. At certain times of the day, I just jotted down whatever was on my mind (including words of the cussing persuasion). So this is me…unedited and raw….
- 12:08p – Here I am…in my office thinking of a contingency plan. Am I really ready to subtract? I really didn’t think leaving my job would be so overly emotional. I guess the realness has hit…our office is just about empty…I don’t have a damn thing on my wall but my OSU clock. What makes it even effin worst is that CP is gone for the rest of the day and I am the only one up here in the office. Maybe if she was still here, I can pass time by running my damn mouth. Ooh well D.Dew…chalk it up homeboy. This has been my family for over 7 years. I spent numerous amounts of hours within/outside the confines and this place with my people here….and I’m losing them. Indubitably our relationships wont be the same and I feel after we close these doors for good, they will fizzle out eventually (there go that due season stuff again). It is like waiting for death to come or watch paint dry….terrible!!!
- 12:50p – How come external factors continue to try to dismantle me. Confusion is the trick of the enemy…recognize it…address it and overcome it. Do what you do man!
- 1:19 – Interesting…I was born at night…but not last night. Come one crew lets get it together. Looks like we will be here to close to midnight…damn we started at 7a.
- 1:37 – Wow, I just took my name plate off my door…that was surreal.
- 2:20 – Please learn to follow direction…This is not rocket science…at least I thought. 1 + 2 = 3…right? WTF?!?!?…why did they spot these trailers AFTER I told them NOT to…no capacity…yeah I’m really heated…so dammit heated.
- 2:42 – Definitely close to F it mode.
- 3:44 – Very interesting. But I know what I know.
- 5:24 – Alls I can say is WOW! Imagine this…anything that can or could go wrong…shit it did. I compare it to getting kicked in the genitals with a pair of steel toed Stacey Adams (hahaha…that really isn’t a shoe). My crew is working it out though…gotta love ‘em…Harmless is harmless…no harm…no foul, but make better decisions in the future. It is looking like midnight really…
- 7:01 – This day is remarkable. Midnight is the only option…back at 6a…I dunno.
- 10:06 – They really don’t understand the severity of this…ugh…what is that smell…I need a shower
- 11:13 – Yep…hahaha…damn I feel delusional. I bet this is how dude felt on 1408.
- 12:49 – Aint no suds on me…aint no suds on me…
Addition by subtraction is definitely stressful.